Huey's Hideaway will be located in downtown Medford. Here are all the things Huey's Hideaway aspires to be:
- fun (at the core, a children's museum should be fun, that is how children learn best)
- educational (the museum will work with local educators to be sure exhibits and programming are aligned with current education standards)
- family-oriented (we want this to be a place where families can go to make wonderful memories)
- affordable (we plan to offer a variety of payment options to make a membership obtainable for all)
Huey's Hideaway Children's Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that opened its doors on June 8, 2017 through various successful campaigns and fundraisers. Further fundraising and drives have collected funds, donations, and volunteers to help turn an old apartment and commercial space into a wonderland of learning.
Who We Are
Huey's Hideaway Children's Museum is dedicated to serving the families and residents of north central Wisconsin through interactive exhibits that let visitors explore new ideas and expand their imagination.
In January 2015, a group of residents who returned to Medford to raise their families met to start what would become Huey's Hideaway Children's Museum. The group felt the time was right to bring to life a place where children in and around Taylor County could learn and play in unique ways.
Read More →
Become a Member
- FREE Admission for an entire year
- Unlimited access to all 2 floors of hands-on exhibits
- Discounts on birthday parties, signature events and Museum shop purchases
- And much more!
Plan Your Visit
Purchase your Daily Admission Pass for unlimited play, all day!
s a friendly reminder, when visiting the Museum, all kids are required to bring a grown-up.
Adults must accompany their kids at all times.
Reserve our Celebration room for birthday parties, reunions, & more!
Outdoor Space Coming Soon!
We are working with area designers, planners, architects, and educational experts to develop a unique outdoor experience that is truly one of a kind! As of October, we have completed Phase One of our project which was completing our outdoor fence. Phase Two continues with Design Mockups and sketches that we will use as the basis for our development.
Special thanks to Andrea Mayer, Designer., Amanda Abney, Architect., Jennifer Moodie, Landscape Designer, & Michelle Grimm, Community Resource Development Agent for helping to bring our vision to life!
And a special thanks to Marathon Cheese Corporation for granting us the funding to get these preliminary designs and initial infrastructure in place.
Interested in planning a field trip? Here are our rates for the Schools, Daycares, Cub Scouts, Celebration Room Rental, etc.
- Minimum of 10 people